Monday, August 28, 2006

good luck, bad luck...

luck is a funny thing. and i hate to tempt it. and i hate to complain about good luck.

but i found it funny. i had a goodbye lunch to go to a while ago for an employee that is leaving my department.

these always wind up being a big pile of money at the end on the table. it's impossible to get change, and somehow there always seems to be someone who takes advantage of it and doesn't pony up. or cover the tip.

so.... before i left, i wanted to break my $20. there's always a pile of $20's on the table, because everyone hits the bank machine on the way over. (i guess that's why they're sometimes referred to as yuppy food stamps.)

off i go to get a coffee. a nice even dollar. break the $20, leave me change for a tip. thought a little advance planning was a good thing.

and would you believe... today was the day the cashier decided to smile and wave me through. gave me a free coffee.

which left me right where i started. only slightly more bemused.

it turned out alright though.... this time management requested separate bills for everyone.

No comments: