Monday, September 04, 2006

lost....

grief lives quietly in my heart.

9:15 pm phone call: tony has taken a turn for the worse
9:30 pm phone call: tony has passed away

my uncle, who was battling cancer (liver, lungs, kidney, orange size tumour in his brain) lost that battle on the weekend, after going through radiation, and starting his chemotherapy treatment.

my aunt, who received a bone marrow transplant to deal with a blood/bone cancer, is coming up on her "100th day". at day 100, they will be able to tell if the transplant took. if it did not, there's nothing else they can do (as a rejection indicates any other attempt will be rejected)

i apologize to those who have left comments over the last week for not replying, and that my posting has been erratic lately. there has been a huge amount going on in both personal and work aspects of my life, and i have been struggling both to find time, and to be able to open myself enough to share anything.

No comments: