Monday, October 08, 2007

"living"....

my life, is ruled by fear. anxiety. desperation. trapped, i stand on a ledge. unable to move, lest i fall. as twilight turns to dusk, and then to blackness. i wait for the stars to appear - light and salvation both. there is nothing but dark storm clouds that race across the sky. frozen i stand on the precipice as the storm breaks around me every fibre of my being screams at me to jump - that my only chance of survival is to close my eyes and take that leap. and so, i stand here. paralyzed. and live. completely immobilized. in fear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as someone who grapples with doubt and depression on one wavelength or another with every thought and interaction every day, i can relate. it's been a long time since i've felt the *mortal* fear, and i don't suffer nearly as some do any more, but it's always there. if you're feeling it, discuss it--all of it--and take something for it. --d

paul said...

Anonymous,
Thank you. I will admit, it is mostly work based at the moment. That being said, it has begun to have a far flung and drastic effect on the rest of my life.

I was able to start some changes today, that should have the impact I am hoping for on my work life. A far cry of difference at the end of the day, than at the beginning where it was all I could do to hold it together.